Saturday, February 27, 2010

What do you do when there's no Gas in the BBQ?

Punt!
Tonights Meal: Grilled (or not) Rosemary Garlic Lamb Chops
Roasted Butternut Squash with Red Onions
Salad with Parmesan
The meal was easy and perfectly planned. I had a great day cleaning up around the house and getting long overdue errands run and since my husband was at a Bike Race with a friend at Camp Pendleton I knew exactly what I wanted.

Came home, got the Squash in the oven, marinated the Lamb and poured myself a glass of Red.
Time to BBQ.....

But to my surprise....NO GAS! ....And unlike my friend on Twitter @mortgageporter, I don't have a "Green Egg" nor the ability to know how to light it.

So I did what every Chef I watch on Food TV does....Got out my Grill pan, put the flame up high, turned my oven to 500 and hoped for the best.

Seared one side of the chops and turned over then immediately popped those puppies in the oven...for about the amount of time it took me to write this blog!

VOILA! Perfect!
And Tonights Wine.....2006 Columbia Vally Cabernet Sauvignon by Novelty Hill




No comments:

Post a Comment